Thursday, March 29, 2012

An Art A Day 30-Day Challenge: Re-purposed book

Okay, so I missed yesterday... although technically, I made enough art the other day to make up for yesterday--I made re-purposed books here:


Hehehe. I'm a bit macabre, I know. Hannibal Lecter. Hehehehe.

 

To go with the macabre title, I chose red crepe paper to cover the inside with.


I like the film-y effect of the photos.


Lastly, I added a quote for effect, by Kurt Vonnegut. It's my favorite quote these days. Sadly, the red covered it up when it dried, but it's still pretty readable, only I wanted it to stay the way it is in the picture. Hehehe, loving the 'bloody' effect of the wet crepe paper.


I made a lot more... it's hard work, but it's so worth it afterwards.


went a bit overboard with the instagram-ing, I hope you guys can still appreciate the beautiful pattern inside. I picked out one of my mom's old printed tissues and mod podge-d it in. Looked really pretty, like it was water coloured inside.

Total Cost: 0.

I just grabbed random books around the house and random tissues. Unused, I might add.

No comments:

Post a Comment