Monday, October 10, 2011

The Future is Here.

Now, I hope this blog post doesn't put many people out of business, but if you look hard enough online, you'll see that this isn't a very big secret, although I only found out about it recently. Many polymer artists swear that Future Floor Finish is the best varnish for polymer clay. Now when I started out, I foolishly did not care about varnish--I figured, varnish was varnish, and bought Boysen. Big mistake. I ended up with a lot of sticky pieces which I had to throw out. So since then, being the cheapskate I am, I scrounged the internet for cheap alternatives. Now the internet is great--lots of instructions, lots of tutorials, lots of information. However, most of the information came from the U.S. Half way around the world. Which means that the products or stores they have there are probably not here. Like Michael's, or other stores like that, or like Fimo Deko Gel, or other important stuff like that. Among those things is Future Floor Finish. I was about to have it shipped over from the U.S. when I came across this secret:

FUTURE FLOOR FINISH



IS ACTUALLY
PLEDGE WIPE AND SHINE!

That's right, S.C. Johnson Company, the one that made Future Polish renamed it Pledge Wipe and Shine here in the Philippines! How awesome is that? The best kind of varnish for polymer clay artists, right at our groceries! I repeat, grocery, not hardware, okay? I have to admit though--I haven't been able to locate on in Robinsons Galleria. I'm heading over to SM Bacoor right now-- 'cause that's the nearest mall, BUT I've read somewhere that you can get your Pledge Wipe and Shine from Sm North groceries!

A word of caution--or a word of advise: Ammonia breaks down Pledge Wipe and Shine. Anything with ammonia--like Windex, Glassex, those stuff, will strip Pledge from your item like a stripper in Las Vegas. You can probably use that stuff when you've made a mistake, but if you sell your jewelry like me, it would be better to caution your buyers not to let your jewelry near ammonia. But there you have it, folks, the best varnish for polymer, right at your groceries, for less than 200 pesos.

No comments:

Post a Comment